Indian Institute of Banking and Finance(IIBF) is a professional body of banks and financial institutions in the country with Heads of all major banks on its Governing Council
Banking industry has been looking for graduates with professional qualification in Banking & Finance. Diploma in Banking & Finance course is well focused on this need and also provides exposure to banking processes. It is highly relevant and gives knowledge and input to the student to become industry ready from day one of his joining the bank. Indian Banks Association has also recognized the Diploma in Banking & Finance Examination as a preferred qualification for Banking Jobs.
There will be a growing demand for qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector in the coming years on account of expansion of volume of business and large scale retirement of personnel. Banking and finance industry will require professionally qualified manpower endowed with banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity, customer-orientation and hands-on application skills who can be assigned to various desks/jobs with minimal training intervention at the bank level.
- Diploma in Banking & Finance will impart banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity and customer-orientation
- High quality academic rigor and specially prepared courseware.
- Candidates undertaking the course will have comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in the subject of banking and finance. The Diploma offers practical insights into the subjects while, at the same time, emphasizes robust theoretical foundation.
- The course will make the candidates job ready.
- Final Year Graduate & Graduates/post-graduates of any discipline is eligible for the course. For Final year graduate students Diploma in Banking & Finance certificate will be issued after passing graduation
- There is no age limit stipulated for the course
This is a short duration program. Exam will be held twice a year in May/June and November/December
There are three subjects covering industry relevant topics as shown below:-
Paper I - Principals & practices of Banking
Module A - Indian Financial System
Module B - Functions of banks
Module C - Banking Technology
Module D - Marketing Banking Services/products
Paper II - Accounting & Finance for Bankers
Module A - Basics of Business Mathematics
Module B - Accounting in Banks /branches
Module C - Bank Accounting and Balance Sheet
Module D - Computerized Accounting
Paper III - Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking
Module A - Regulations and Compliance
Module B - Legal Aspects of Banking Operations
Module C - Banking Related Laws
Module D - Commercial Laws with reference to banking operations
- After qualifying Diploma in Banking & Finance your chances of employment in banks get enhanced. A candidate has to undergo a process of recruitment as prescribed by each bank e g. Written test, interview etc.
- On joining the bank and becoming a member of IIBF the JAIIB certificate will be issued.
Format of Exam
- This is an objective type offline exam
- Question Paper will contain multiple choice questions with three difficulty levels viz. basic, intermediate and advanced level are designed to test
Duration of the Exam
The duration of the program is 120 minutes with approximately 120 questions for 100 marks in each paper.